For over two decades, Carolina’s Home Medical Equipment has been proudly serving the Charlotte area, providing top-tier customer service that includes delivery, installation, patient education, and compassion. If you are in need of medical equipment, including CPAP machines, wheelchairs, and oxygen therapy, we are happy to help in any way we can to connect you to the ideal type of equipment to help you live your healthiest, most independent life.
You’re always welcome to call or stop by our Charlotte location with questions or to begin working with our team, but to help save you time, we’ve also compiled some information based on questions we are frequently asked.
Paying for Home Medical Equipment with Medicare and Insurance
Carolina’s Home Medical Equipment is a competitive bid winner that is contracted with Medicare for CPAP machines and supplies, power wheelchairs, and oxygen therapy equipment. We are also an In-Network Provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance and accept other forms of insurance.
We make it easy to get your equipment quickly by working with your physician to get the necessary paperwork and filing it through insurance or Medicare so you don’t have any delays in getting what you need.
Finding the Mobility Equipment You Need
If you’re in need of a mobility device, such as a power wheelchair, we offer a 5-step power mobility process that is quick and simple.
- Your physician or therapist will perform a thorough examination to determine the need for a device, and we’ll provide you and your doctor with the insurance requirements necessary to save you time.
- Once you’ve complete the exam we will send your doctor any remaining paperwork to sign.
- A member of our team will visit your home to check your doorways and thresholds to make sure that your power wheelchair can safely maneuver through your home.
- Pre-Authorization means we will prepare and submit any needed information to Medicare. They have 10 business days to process the claim, and then they will mail out a decision letter to you.
- Our Patient Service Technicians will make adjustments to your wheelchair when it’s delivered so it’s customized to your needs, and if you need adjustments, we offer free service calls for the first 30 days.
We Are Here When You Need Us
We are open Monday through Friday, from 8:30AM until 5:00PM. We are closed on New Years Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Additionally, for our CPAP and oxygen therapy clients, we have respiratory therapists on staff and available 24/7 to answer questions and address concerns so you can use your equipment safely and confidently.
To learn more about Carolina’s Home Medical Equipment, or have a customer service representative assist you with your unique concerns and questions, call us today at (704) 846-7503 or fill out our contact form below.